Loudest Quails Ever

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by HomesickQuail, Feb 24, 2014.

1. HomesickQuail

HomesickQuail Out Of The Brooder

Jan 30, 2014
    St.petersburg fl
    I have 4 males 5 females and they're all seperated all of them.
    They act so aggressively with eachother that im afraid to put them together, pulled feathers bloody scabs etc so im like no. They dont need to mind being seperated, females are laying and boys are fattening but holy crap, I havent slept the night in months the boys starts screaming which gets the girls to doing it. They start around 5 am and go till the suns up. How do I stop them? Like they're sooo loud that my neighbors are frustrated.
    Thanks everyone!

2. Sill

Sill Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2013
    Tempe, AZ
    How much space were you giving them when they were together? If they are too crowded they can tend to pick on each other, especially if you introduced quail from different sources.

3. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    Get rid of your extra roosters. When I had quail, I had one roo and 5 hens. The hens were pretty quiet, but that little roo was LOUD. He didn't wake me up at night tho. I couldn't imagine having 4, you poor thing!

4. HomesickQuail

Jan 30, 2014
    St.petersburg fl
    Theyre all basically seperated all the males anyway, all the males are courntix though same batch of eggs I imagine. Oh man tried putting them together today, awful.

5. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    It doesn't matter if they are separated. If they can hear each other, they will call, and call, and call, and call.....

6. HomesickQuail

Jan 30, 2014
    St.petersburg fl
    Sold the males to a woman who had females and now I have one with 4 Girls and no more squawking and almost everyone's getting along except one girl whose seperated from the others and in an attatched "cell" so they can interact without her beating them all lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by