Louisiana checking in....

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Chickenteacher, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Chickenteacher

Chickenteacher Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2009
    Patterson, Louisiana
    Hi all....I am returning to BYC after a hiatus...
    (1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
    We have about 25 chickens right now but have had chickens for about 6 years now. I grew up around them and decided my children should know about them as well.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? We have a flock of 25 but I currently have another 25 in incubators...

(3) What breeds do you have? We have standard sized Rhode Island Reds, Black Australorps, Buff Orpingtons, Americanas, Barred Rocks, Partridge Rocks, a Sicilian Buttercup and a bator full of Blue Andalusians and Brown Leghorns....

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? When I first ordered baby chicks, I wanted to find out more information and found BYC. I've learned a lot here.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? I like Gardening and Reading and playing games with my husband and children...

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. We live in South Louisiana and I teach at a local jr. high. My students and I have a hatch coming due next week. It amazes me how few students have ever experienced the joy of chickens or gardening...so I try to do my part to expose them.....I am also Mom to two great kids and wife to one great husband... Glad to be back home at BYC...LBS

2. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

what part of Louisiana? I'm from Vermilion Parish...

3. MSHEN

MSHEN Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2009
    Monticello,MS
    welcome from south west MS!! [​IMG]

4. Chickenteacher

Chickenteacher Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2009
    Patterson, Louisiana
    We are in south central....about an hour from Lafayette and New Orleans.... LBS

5. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    [​IMG]

6. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    [​IMG]

7. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    [​IMG] from TN

8. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    [​IMG] welcome from northeast La. [​IMG]

9. n-da-woods

n-da-woods Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2009
    North Carolina
    Hello [​IMG] & Welcome to BYC from NC

10. hippichick

hippichick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Branch, La
    I'm from South La. also. Welcome!!

As for what kinds do I have?? I have a little of everything. Too many breeds, hubby says, but I can't decide which I like more. So, I'm still experimenting, I guess you could say.

I love them all, but on rainy, nasty days like today, I don't even want to be out there. You gotta take the good with the bad, I guess, but I want my sunshine back!!

Again, Welcome!

Paula:)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by