Louisiana chickenstocks, shows, and meet-ups

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by hdowden, Feb 9, 2013.

1. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    since our other one says 2012 on it, i have decided to make a new one with no specific date on it to try and avoid confusion and over looking :)

2. hdowden

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    Central Louisiana Poultry Club is hosting its first show on April 20,2013 in Jennins, LA. more info on the show can be found in the above links.

3. hdowden

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
  4. jermb11

jermb11 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 7, 2013
    Timpson, Tx
    There will be a free poultry swap at the Tractor supply in Lake Charles, Louisiana. We will be setup in the corner of the parking lot. You will need to bring your own cages, feed, water, and table and chairs. it will be held Feb 16 9am till 2pm. any questions feel free to send me a PM and i will get back to you asap.

Thenks Jeremy

5. MaddiWilliams

MaddiWilliams Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    Elton, Louisiana
    Central Louisiana Poultry Club announced this week that the April 20 show in Jennings WILL be APA and ABA approved!
    That means get your entries in bc there is a limited number of cages!

Along witht he APA and ABA Open shows we will be hosting 3 different clinics:
    -Poultry 101- All things poultry
    -Showmanship- You can do it!
    -Exhibition Poultry- What is it & how to be competitive

The morning of the show there will also be a state vet on hand who can draw blood and test for anyone who does not have a current NPIP number of Health certificate. Once he draws blood and the birds pass, he will give you your 9-2 form which is what you will send in to the state for your NPIP Certificate!

So come show with us, get your NPIP number, enjoy the clinics, and show some birds!!

Birds with current health papers can be checked in Friday evening, all other birds MUST be tested and checked in on Saturday, April 20. Check in starts at 7:30am.

6. hdowden

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    i have 6 am - 9 am for sat...

7. hdowden

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    we are working on a catalog that you will be able to printout. we encourage everyone to come out even if you can not show at this time.

8. MaddiWilliams

MaddiWilliams Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    Elton, Louisiana
  9. SkyBlueEgg

SkyBlueEgg Out Of The Brooder

Aug 6, 2008
    Winnfield
    Hi Maddie,

You have my show entry and I am sure the weather is going to be wonderful for the show.

Did I enter anything in the egg show? If not I think I will. : ) Let me know.

Ann Charles

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by