Louisiana: OE hen & black rooster& white Leghorn hen

It was 3 of them. Lets just say two are no longer on my property. Still have the occasion hawk. but run is completely covered and surrounded. Nothing can get in.

i used to just buy anything from chicks to full grown. Last year i started hatch my own. If i end up with roos they are gumbo. But i will let a broody set of course.

If you still have them this weekend i migt get them from u

Sorry to hear about the owl taking your chickens. I have two owls, 2 red tailed hawks, a fox, and of course coons/ opossums but luckily my coop/run has survived. Do we have a Louisiana forum and is it easy to sell chickens on it. I have buff Orpington and I hear they like to sit on eggs. I’m thinking if people are interested I may let them sit if it happens this springs.

Honestly ive had decent luck selling / buying birds on Craigslist.

predators are just part of having chickens. I can deal with most predators tho. Country boy can survive 🤣🤣

Honestly ive had decent luck selling / buying birds on Craigslist.

predators are just part of having chickens. I can deal with most predators tho. Country boy can survive 🤣🤣
True... I’d just rather not have to perpetually replace the hens... that rooster I have might get left outside the coop/run to feed the predator population though...he’s getting a tad more aggressive here lately.

True... I’d just rather not have to perpetually replace the hens... that rooster I have might get left outside the coop/run to feed the predator population though...he’s getting a tad more aggressive here lately.
just10inla: I am sposed to be off quarantine and back at work Wed/Thurs nights so I should be off this weekend.
I like gumbo but with just me, a whole bird is a waste and the guys at work will kill & clean a wild turkey but are weird about domesticated ones...also I have been banned from bringing live animals into the plant🤭. So if I only have 1, I would just as soon sell it. And my local hawks only take the birds I want.
FeatheredRaptor: I probably should have taken this to the Louisiana page, there are a few of us show up. I usually sell goats on CL, most of the chickens I sell very local - often at the feed store. I have sold groups of young roos on CL, people from NO will even buy if you have 10 or more for $5-$7 apiece.

just10inla: I am sposed to be off quarantine and back at work Wed/Thurs nights so I should be off this weekend.
I like gumbo but with just me, a whole bird is a waste and the guys at work will kill & clean a wild turkey but are weird about domesticated ones...also I have been banned from bringing live animals into the plant🤭. So if I only have 1, I would just as soon sell it. And my local hawks only take the birds I want.
FeatheredRaptor: I probably should have taken this to the Louisiana page, there are a few of us show up. I usually sell goats on CL, most of the chickens I sell very local - often at the feed store. I have sold groups of young roos on CL, people from NO will even buy if you have 10 or more for $5-$7 apiece.
You sell hens to the local feed stores? If so are they pure breeds or mixes. I have a golden laced Wyandotte roo and then have 3 buff orps, 3 RIR, 2EE, 2 golden laced Wyandottes, and a welsummer. I’d love for the kids to experience the hens raising their own chicks, but really don’t have the space to increase the flock.

You sell hens to the local feed stores? If so are they pure breeds or mixes. I have a golden laced Wyandotte roo and then have 3 buff orps, 3 RIR, 2EE, 2 golden laced Wyandottes, and a welsummer. I’d love for the kids to experience the hens raising their own chicks, but really don’t have the space to increase the flock.
I don't sell to the store. Zachary Feed allows me to bring caged birds up there, I post a sign with the pertinent info & price on the cage. I usually take them up there on a Friday morning, then I check in at the end of the day and either pick up my $ and the cage or I feed & water and leave them overnight or bring them home. Or they call me. I usually tip whichever feed store person handled the sale. I have done this for years. I think the co-op in Slaughter does this, too.
It would not hurt to ask at a local feed store but not TSC. TSC used to do their Yard Sale thing once a month, I don't know if or when they will resume.

Back
Top Bottom