LouLou has a weak neck, is larthargic and unable to stand. Thank you for your advise and support ev

Skyfall Farms

Hatching
Apr 9, 2017
Colorado
I am new to chickens and this site. While I may be a little intense compared to most owners, I take my job seriously. I research read and do the best I can to provide safety, health and a quality of life to those on my farm until they leave. Sunday morning about 4:30 am, I went to check my brooder and spend some time with the girls with a big cup of espresso like I do every morning. I was shocked to see LouLou laying limp and lifeless but with her eyes open. I immediately pulled her out and isolated her from the other girls while desperately googling anything I could find to help. I came upon this site and may posts on the forum who said various things. What I tried was yogurt and watered down Gatorade. I had no idea how to administer the yogurt and Gatorade, so once again went back to this site. Found other posts about using an eye dropper, not forcing down the throat and dosing it every hour. I did this with the utmost of efficiency and even found a post that said to sing or hum to her to keep her calm. Yes, I did that too. Bottom line, within a little over 24-hours she is back with the girls happy and healthy (for now-I will keep a watchful eye). For all of you that take time to share your advice, while it may seem silly, you not only saved LouLou's life, but made me feel empowered to do my job and be a better mom to my girls. While I know I will not save all of them and depending on the illness, disease or injury, I cant. But to know I did the best I could do and was not helpless meant the world to me. So keep up the postings, giving advise no matter how small and a big hug and thank you for all the advise and support even if you didn't know you gave it.

Hi
frow.gif
Welcome To BYC!

I'm glad to hear you were able to find the information you needed to help your little one
smile.png

Thank you for sharing with us.

Back
Top Bottom