Lousy weekend so far.update on the motorcycle

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by conny63malies, May 31, 2008.

1. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Well yesterday was day 21. Out of 19 eggs only 4 were left. 2WCBP and 2 golden phoenix. one of the GP pipped and died the other stopped around day 14. One WCBP hatched with all off the yolk sack attached and died 4 hours later . I had him wrapped in a moist washclothes and he pierced the yolksack with his claws. [​IMG]. I just have no luck with the black polish. Now i have a lonely little chick in the bator with a little purple elephant to keep him company. I might put dumdum chicken in with it to keep him real company. Its still less than 4oz.
    Then at night George deceided to drive with his beloved Harley down to his favorite watering hole(bar) to have a cold bud lite. Well he was almost doe with it when somebody came running in and yelled"Zoo, somebody just hit your bike and ran. "
    She was laying on her left side with a bend front end , scatches marring and dents to the tank,wheels,rims, pegs and lights. About 6-7000$ in damages. That dum.... ran across 2 1/2 lanes ran the bike over with his pick up and ran. Thank God the bar had surveillance cameras out front so they had the license plate. That dude has the nerves to claim that it wasnt him. :thun [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Now our baby stands in the garage with rear blinker hanging off waiting for the insurance adjuster.
    On top of it all the kids and me have sniffles, a sore throat and a fever.

And its only saturday.....

Well bad news my hubbys motorcycle is totaled and the guy had no insurance was wanted /warrant out, drunk and high......
    now we are out of a bike that we paid for for two years and even a have a 250$ deductible to pay .grrrrrr

Last edited: Jun 7, 2008
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Nowhere to go but up now...I'm sorry you're having a lousy weekend. Me, too. [​IMG]

3. banter

banter Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    Raymond Maine
    Sorry for your troubles-bummer, hope it gets better for you!

4. Tutter

Tutter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2008
    N. California
    What a terrible weekend so far. I hope it turns around immediately. [​IMG]

5. Tutter

Tutter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2008
    N. California
    Quote:You, too? Awwww, I'm so sorry. [​IMG] I hope that yours turns around right away, too.

6. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    What a terrible weekend! BTW, I incubated 2 separate batches of Polish, and both were lousy, while 2 other batches of other chicks were good. The first batch of polish, I incubated 6, and got none. The second batch, I incubated 16, got 8, and 5 were male!!! Not good. I think they are a bit more difficult than others.

7. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    I got three in my last hatch but they were "only" golden and buff laced the two white crested didnt make it(but i had 2 pullets and one roo). This time i have one but with my luck its going to be a roo.
    We will see how my XLD1 eggs are doing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by