Lovable Chick. Will she stay this way?

PippinTheChicken

🧡🤍💙
Mar 19, 2021
UK
My Coop
My Coop
I have 3 chicks, one of them, called Kiwi, loves to jump onto my legs and get kisses and belly scratches. Everytime I put my hand in the brooder (to play or to change the water) she jumps on and tries to climb up to my shoulder. Will she stay this way? Will she lose interest in me? Will she be a tame chicken when she grows? I am hoping that she can be my special best friend, so we can cuddle and play even when she is older.

IMG-20210322-WA0013.jpg
here she is posing for a photo

It's hard to say. In my experience, they usually change as they grow up. I do have a house chicken (long story) that's 2 years old now and actually seeks out my company when she's loose in the house (which is certainly NOT all the time). I hope your girl continues to be your buddy.

I won't mind if she gets a bit distant but I hope she can still tolerate being held and maybe jumping on my lap :fl:fl:fl:fl:fl:fl
She will probably grow out of the cuddly stage; chickens are not naturally cuddly. They are a highly predated species and being held feels like being taken off by a predator. Don’t take it personally - but dogs and cats are better for long term snuggle time.

Back
Top Bottom