Love chickens

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Country Mom9, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Country Mom9

Country Mom9 New Egg

Jun 17, 2016
    Hi!

My husband and I have raised chickens, rabbits, pigs, and cattle for over 20 years in OH. We have raised multiple varieties of chickens with Araucanas being my favorite.

We now live in northern GA at the base of the Appalachian Mts. where we now raise only rabbits and chickens. Our two sons, ages 23 and 26 live in this area near us. My husband is retired and I'm a school teacher.

I love to read, hunt, garden, farm, and teach.

A friend told me about BackYard Chickens. I am excited to meet fellow chicken lovers.

Have a wonderful day,

Country Mom9

2. Jucodeo

Jucodeo The Sky is Falling!

Jun 15, 2016
    [​IMG]
    Country Mom9, It is is awesome that you raise so many animals in retirement. I would like to formerly like to welcome you to BYC! My favorite members are the ones that are raising animals such as chickens out of retirement. It is a great way to bond, and show younger people how to take care of animals. We always have room for wonderful people like you on our forum! Here at BYC we do have a lot of chicken enthusiast that are constantly answering peoples questions and talking about chickens. If you ever have a question about chickens or other backyard poultry post it on one of our many forums on this site. Feel free to wonder around the site and search any topic in our threads under forums on the top area of the page. I hope you have a great time here on BYC and I hope you and your flock are doing well!
    Justin [​IMG]

3. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! I'm sure your many years of chicken keeping will be most helpful to many members here on BYC. What breeds do you have at the moment?

I'm sure you will enjoy your time here on BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

4. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

5. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

We are so glad you could join our community!

Love the Appalachian Mountains! The Rockies may be grand but the Appalachians are old, deep and full of history. I once hiked the Appalachian Trail when I was in my 20's. Walked from northern NC to upper PA. Wow, the Blue Ridge Parkway was fabulous!

Great to have you aboard and welcome to our flock!

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Thank you for joining us at the Backyard chickens flock. Hope you will enjoy it as much as we do.

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

8. Frindizzle

Frindizzle Guitar Girl <3 Premium Member

Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

9. Chicken Egg 17

Chicken Egg 17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2015
    McVeytown PA
    Hi and welcome to BYC I am glad you could join us!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by