1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Love Mules?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by seminolewind, Jan 23, 2010.

1. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
  2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Oh Seminole, she's beautiful.
    How I wish you were closer. She'd fit right in on this farm and I've wanted a mule for ages.

3. Kansaseq

Kansaseq Prairie Wolf Farm Asylum

Feb 12, 2009
    NE Kansas
    She's lovely! And even if she's not gaited, I bet she's pretty smooth, coming from a TWH mare. Good luck.[​IMG]

4. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I don't like mules at all,,,, I ADORE Them and I wish I was closer!!

5. Haviris

Haviris Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2007
    She's really pretty, I hope you can find her a home!

I like mules, I have one, but I'm probably going to put her up for sale for the same reasons as you. I'm training her to drive right now, once it warms up I'm going to clean her up for sale pics. She's a really nice mule I just can't justify keeping her around when I don't have a job for her, she's to nice a mule to hang out as pasture art.
    [​IMG]

6. seminolewind

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Haviris, it's a shame, I look at your mule and think oh, she's beautiful and so nice, how can you sell her, but I feel the same way about mine, and the truth is that I don't have time for both, and I really need to enjoy my mare and take her to a barn where there are places to ride. I can't board them both. Tough decisions in life. [​IMG]

7. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    I have been horse crazy since I was old enough to know what a horse was. I used to think mules were, I don't know, just kinda funny looking. But a few years ago, I became the recipient of the proverbial "gift horse." Or, half-a-horse. Or maybe, a-half-of-a-half-a-horse. Whatever, here she is, (all 32 inches of her,) Betsy:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

She has two miniature horses for company, but I tell her that she was first in my herd, and first in my heart.[​IMG] She has taught me to look at the world through the wise eyes of a mule, and it has made all the difference! I knew I had officially "crossed over" and become a bona-fide longear lover when I saw an ad for a mule and my first reaction was, "Now that is one good-lookin' mule!"

Seminole, I think your girl is lovely. I know it must be painful to even think of parting with her. I hope you can find her a new home where she can be loved as much as my mini mule is!

8. seminolewind

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Yea, those longears are different. I think they actually prefer human company. And if they like you, they show you!

9. FarmGirl01

FarmGirl01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    AR
    I love them. We take ours elk hunting when we get the chance. Such great animals. Why does't everyone have them?

10. FarmGirl01

FarmGirl01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    AR
    Went and took some pics of Mabel and Parker. Mabel is about 21 and Parker is about 11. Great pair of saddle mules.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by