1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Love My Chickens

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by nova022, Apr 14, 2016.

1. nova022

nova022 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2012
    I have had chickens for a while now and love them just as much now as I did when I got my first five chicks. Somehow they magically multiplied and I now have thirty and get more eggs than I know what to do with. My first chicks were purchased from My Pet Chicken and even though I look at their website and make a dream order, I let my broody Buff Orpington hatch eggs for the hens that show no interest in sitting on the nest. I also have a few barnyard mixes that have hid out in the garden only to turn up in a coupe weeks with their new little brood.

I love my roosters and wish I could keep them all because it seems each one is prettier than the last, but I have to limit myself. Right now I have seven and I love hearing them crow because they all have a very distinct sound. Here are some of the boys[​IMG]Rebel
    [​IMG]Mr. Grey
    [​IMG]Axel

[​IMG]Max, who is the father of all the others.

3 people like this.
  2. Alexandra33

Alexandra33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Your story sounds very much like ours, almost to the T! [​IMG] We started out with 5 girls, and now have 50-something chooks and ducks.

Those boys are breathtakingly handsome! [​IMG] I've got 9 little cockerels right now, all of whom I'm hoping turn out as lovely as yours.

~Alex

3. nova022

Aug 3, 2012
    You have some very beautiful chickens and ducks. I have Pekins and hope to have Indian Runners soon.

4. Alexandra33

Alexandra33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Thank you! [​IMG] What can I say, they're my babies.

Runners are very fun to have around for some giggles, plus the Blues lay huge green eggs. [​IMG] What color variety would you want?

~Alex

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
  5. chicken4prez

chicken4prez Chillin' With My Peeps

Beautiful flock!

6. nova022

Aug 3, 2012
    I would love to have the blue for the egg color and the chocolate are beautiful, but I have only found the fawn and white locally. I would like to get them locally rather than have them shipped if possible. I have found a good site that sells all the colors though.

7. nova022

Aug 3, 2012
    Thanks. I love having them.

8. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

So beautiful! I love roosters too, but where I live, can't have them. Keep enjoying your birds! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by