Love my ladies

Christine K

Hatching
5 Years
Jan 22, 2015
I want to start by saying hello to all you chicken lovers. It's nice to find a forum that shares my newest enjoyment. When I got my girls this past Summer they were already pullets and not very friendly. I have an Ameraucana, Wyandotte and a Plymouth Rock. There coop started as a very large crate I bough for $10.00 from an Amish pallet shop in my town. I fixed it up real nice with 3 nesting boxes and an enclosed out door play area. As I became more attached and they began coming to me when called, I felt they need some additional room for the Winter. My daughters who are now grown had a bus house at the end of the driveway. My husband had been contemplating taking it down. That bus house is now attached to the crate and we call it the condo. It gives me complete access to the chickens. I left the seats in it so I can go inside and sit with them. Everyone knows if you can't find me, I'm probably in the condo playing with my girls. I am thinking about getting 3-4 chicks this Spring, just not sure what kind. I live in Ohio so they must be able to handle the cold. Good day to all of you.
D.gif

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Welcome to BYC!!! There are loads of members on here…so if you have ANY questions…just ASK!!!

Hope you have loads of fun and all your answers answered here on BYC the BEST CHICKEN KEEPING FORUM on EARTH!!

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Please, please post a picture, I am trying to figure out what a 'bus house' looks like - that would be big enough for you to sit inside.
hu.gif

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to our flock. Murray McMurray has an excellent "chick selector" tool at https://www.mcmurrayhatchery.com/chick_selector.html to help you select the best breed for you. Just be sure and click on "show more characteristics." Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Whatever kind of chicks you end up getting, good luck with your flock.

welcome-byc.gif
glad you decided to join us. If you do decide to add to your flock in the spring, be sure to visit the learning center on how to integrate new members to the flock. You likely already know this, but you cannot place new baby chicks in with the hens. Close friends of mine did so years ago and found out the hard way that the hens don't automatically behave like mothers.

Feel free to ask questions. Have fun with your girls.

Back
Top Bottom