Love my new chickens!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by KathrynB, Mar 28, 2012.

1. KathrynB

KathrynB Out Of The Brooder

Mar 14, 2010
    I just got my very first batch of chicks!! And I am OBSESSED! I cant wait till they can run around our yard. I have a feeling that this will not be the only chicks I have....lol. Here are some pics of my chicks I think they are red stars and either cochins or brahmas. I was told they were all pullets so heres to hoping.[​IMG][​IMG]
    My favorite (hopefully) girl Zsa Zsa Gabird

2. TheChicknGarden

TheChicknGarden Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2012
    san antonio, texas
    aren't they just sooo cute at this age? awww I'm totally obsessed too! its just so hard not to? [​IMG]

3. Texokie1

Texokie1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2012
    Middle Tennessee
    I'm with you, KatherynB! Got my first chicks yesterday...
    [​IMG]

4. ladychicken&Ducklover

ladychicken&Ducklover Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2011
    Champion, Michigan
    Oh my, they are just sooo precious !! I can't wait til my next new babies arrive around April 16! They'll be my first Silkies. So , do any of your babies have furry feet ? Of course those would be the Cochins or brahmas . Where did you get them ?

5. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    You know what I like about chicks? It's how busy they always are-when they aren't napping.

6. KathrynB

Mar 14, 2010
    yes three of my chicks have feathered legs, and they are definatly bigger than the red ones. I really hope they are brahmas, ive heard they are really friendly birds. Everyones chicks are so cute its hard not to want to get more!

7. KathrynB

Mar 14, 2010
    O and i bought my chicks at tsc in Indiana

8. KathrynB

Mar 14, 2010
    Looks like maybe I have 2 roos, but they are only maybe a week and a half old. One of the brahma chicks wing feathers are barely in and the other two have lots of feathers. And it looks like one of my red chicks comb is bigger than the others.......I cant keep roosters so Im not sure what I am going to do with them. I guess give them away?

9. SquishyPandas

SquishyPandas Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2012
    Awww yay! Welcome to the world of chickens!
    You just keep getting more obsessed as they get older! :D
    I love my hens sooooooo much, how they follow me around the garden, and make adorable noises and sunbathe when it's warm and huddle up when it's cold! n__n
    Good luck with yours, they look adorable!! :D

10. KathrynB

Mar 14, 2010
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chicken Update! Here are my babies a week after I got them! They are feathering out so fast

[​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by