1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

LOVE my new incubator!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by LuvMyPolish, Feb 20, 2013.

1. LuvMyPolish

LuvMyPolish Out Of The Brooder

Jan 16, 2011
    Roy, WA
    After years of fighting with 3 LG incubators we FINALLY bit the bullet and decided on a cabinet incubator. After looking around a lot and reading everything I could on here, I decided on a Dickey and could not be more happy. My first hatch started today, out of 27 eggs I have 16 chicks out and the rest are pipped or zipped. I've dealt with a LOT of leg issues in my past chicks, most likely from temp spikes in the LG's, but every single one of these babies is healthy and looking amazing. I'm on cloud nine on recommend the Dickey Incubators to anyone looking.[​IMG]

2. Bill 101

Bill 101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2013
    Oregon
    A good incubator can make a HUGE difference in hatches. When you buy one, you are getting what you pay for. Generally the higher the price, the better the incubators ability to hold temperatures & humidity (stability) & that in its elf can make big differences in your hatch success ---- The only thing is, now that you have one that can hatch lots of eggs, if you can't control yourself you'll be overrun with hicks[​IMG]

3. thasista

thasista Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2011
    KY
    My Coop
    I love my redwood Leahy Favorite. The problem is it holds at least 600 eggs. I know because I've had it full!![​IMG]

4. Bill 101

Bill 101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2013
    Oregon
    If you had it full, why is it a problem, sounds like it's JUST THE RIGHT SIZE

5. Thespoiledchicken

Thespoiledchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2011
    Long Island
    Congrats!!!!! Good luck with your new Dickey [​IMG]

I just ordered the Brinsea Ova 190 cabinet [​IMG] it is shipping today and I should have it next week [​IMG]

Can't wait to see if there is a big difference in hatch rates for me [​IMG]

Trish

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by