1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Love sewing and chickens

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by ole-crone, Feb 14, 2009.

1. ole-crone

ole-crone Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm in a sewing mood and decided to look for some new pincushion patterns. I found this website and was shocked at how many chicken-related items she has.

Love the bantie pincushion - I think it is calling to me.

http://www.susaglenndesigns.com/

Last edited: Feb 14, 2009
  2. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Cute stuff! She must be a chicken lady. Who else but a chicken lady would know what a banty is? I love the "Chick Chat" notion holder!

3. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    Anything whimsey is first rate in my book!!! Cute, cute stuff!!!

4. ole-crone

ole-crone Chillin' With My Peeps

It wasn't until I scrolled down to read about 'what's with the chickens' that I realize that she is truly 'one of us' - bitten by the chicken bug. She even included the photo of the chicken that inspired her.

I like how she says the chicken lap sitter is good for birth control. You just sit on the couch hugging it and the sight will scare anyone away!

5. andehens

andehens Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2008
    Scenic Sierra Nevadas
    yep, one of us all right, her gypsy cart hen house is cute too, love the flying chicken pin cushion that holds sissors! Thanks ole-crone fun site to look at!

6. Laskaland

Laskaland ThE gRoOvY cHiCkEn

Aug 2, 2008
    Nebraska
    OMG THOSE ARE SOOO FLIPPING CUTE I COULD DIE!!!
    Did you order the patterns? I think I HAVE TO NOW
    Thanks for the temptation [​IMG]

7. Scrambled Egg

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

OMG! I had not scrolled to the bottom when I looked at her site for the first time! I just went back and read her story. Chicken #30, [​IMG] Someone needs to get that lady over to BYC.

Edited for grammar and spelling. Sure hope JennsPeeps isn't reading my posts. [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 15, 2009
  9. Scrambled Egg

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    Quote:[​IMG] I thought the same thing!! Someone needs to recruit her!! I bookmarked her site, I just love that whimsey stuff!! A friend of mine at work is making "crazy quilts", anyone seem those? Gorgeous blocks made from shiny and textured and interesting fabrics with garnishments and embroidery...very clever and pretty..very whimsey!! I am horribly tempted but time just wont allow me to fit anything else in..RIGHT NOW, lol!!! I will get it one day though, lol! [​IMG]

10. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Oh my poor credit card. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by