1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

1. faykokoWV

faykokoWV Mrs Fancy Plants

Nov 4, 2008
    Cross Lanes, WV
    Here's the first pictures of my new tractor coop! DH is working hard on it. I'm naming it the love shack because I plan on using it for isolating breeding chickens so I can sell some hatching eggs.

i will also be using it as a finish brooder for chicks.

I asked DH for a few things

1. Big enough for at least 3-4 chickens
    2. Tall enough that I can walk into it
    3. Light enough that I can move it

[​IMG]

I'll post more pictures as we progress. the roofing he bought for it is cream colored corrugated plastic which should let some light in. I'm trying to decide what color to paint it. Part of me wants to go with classic red or green, but part of me wants to go for teal blue or purple.... too much?

2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Cute! That name is just adorable! [​IMG]

3. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    It's looking good.[​IMG]

4. G Wiz Ranch

G Wiz Ranch Songster

Jan 20, 2009
    Lompoc, CA
    We call ours the "Love Shack" too. I wanted to call it the "Shag Shack" but my DW didn't like the idea. We have 7 BR hens and a RIR roo in there at the moment, gives us sexlink chicks.

5. faykokoWV

Nov 4, 2008
    Cross Lanes, WV
    DH just told me he will cut the window in the shape of a heart so it will look more like a honeymoon suite lol

6. mikenandrea

mikenandrea Songster

Jun 1, 2009
    Douglas, GA
    aww.. SOunds like you have a fine man there [​IMG]

Sounds fun!!

7. faykokoWV

Nov 4, 2008
    Cross Lanes, WV
    [​IMG]

Updated picture, almost done! Still need the window and carry/moving handles. Whenever its finished I'll take some pictures of the details to share. DH learned a lot in making this. We're planning on making some to sell in the future. This test model has several errors that we will be fixing on future models, but its fine for my chickens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by