Love this egg layin thing :))

savingpurple

Songster
8 Years
Apr 2, 2011
NW Ohio
Was hoping to come home to 4 eggs BUT, after this, I was not disappointed!

Here is the hen that has been laying.....maybe a double yoke??? It is the front egg!

85019_img_2210.jpg

Here it is in the carton....it is in the far back left corner....love the size? Have to add that I love the dark color of my other newbie to laying egg(front right). Was hoping for another today, but nothing??? Oh well.....another day
smile.png

85019_img_2211.jpg

I LOVE this.

Last edited:
2 white leghorns, and, to the best of my knowkedge 5 NHR (may be RIR??). One has what I call a wonderful blue necklace, all have blue tail feathers, and a few wing feathers......Have yet to figure out who is laying what eggs other than the off white, to almost an almost absent pink color. That belongs to Ms. Pissy, a white leghorn that has lime green ear lobes...

sounds like such a colorful flock. Then there is one on the far right of the picture that is really dark brown. I thought that you were going to say Maran.

One day I got this idea---have a whte, dark brown, brown, light brown and a blue egg-layer in a flock and always be able to know who's egg was who's. Oh yes, and a speckled egg layer. lol.

Back
Top Bottom