Love this site!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Felistorm, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Felistorm

Felistorm New Egg

Jun 25, 2011
    (1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I raised chickens (along with you name it I probably raised it) growing up and off and on the last few years. I live in town and they recently passed it where I can have my chickens as long as they aren't an "annoyance" I live on a corner with a fairly decent sized property for being in town. My mom lives behind me (part of the same property) and our neighbors are really never home so I figured I would go for it. [​IMG] One of my neighbors actually said they wanted us to get a rooster because that was her husbands wish was to hear one and he has passed on but she would like to hear them. [​IMG]

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 2 almost adult, 3 just a bit younger (I believe one of those is a rooster) and one very spoiled young chick who doesn't seem to realize he is a chicken.

(3) What breeds do you have? The chick is a Cuckoo Maran and the two almost adult are black sex link. I'm told the 3 others are a different type of maran.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? Web search then I've found this site to be a big help and just loved reading the posts.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? I am an artist and crafts person. [​IMG] I try most any type of craft and I do digital art as well as murals, sketches, and sometimes paintings.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. I am happily married with 3 teenagers and a toddler so we have our hands pretty full and then we have a cat Pounce, a couple other cats who have decided they live here and we just don't argue with them and a pair of guinea pigs. [​IMG] I am disabled with Lupus and Rheumatoid arthritis but I try to find ways to pursue things in life such as a mini back yard farm. Always learning [​IMG]

2. Urban Chaos

Urban Chaos Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2011
    Austin
    [​IMG]

indeed, this site is awesome

3. DancingHen

DancingHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Central Oregon Coast
    [​IMG] Welcome to the forum! How nice to have a neighbor with a positive outlook on roosters! [​IMG]

4. renart

renart Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2009
    Kingston, WA
    [​IMG] from NW Washington State! Lots of smart people here, tons of information! Come on in! [​IMG]

5. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Louisiana!

6. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

7. flnatv

flnatv Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    West Tennessee
    [​IMG] and [​IMG]

Always nice to have a neighbor who WANTS you to have a roo [​IMG]

8. ChicKat

ChicKat Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Fellstorm,

Welcome,

what a nice introduction. It sounds like a great backyard farm. Good luck with the rooster--hope that no one there considers him an annoyance!

I love this forum too--- what a great learning experience.

9. DanEP

DanEP Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2010
    Cadiz Ky
    [​IMG] from Ky

10. Cadjien_De_Louisiane

Cadjien_De_Louisiane SWLA Gamefowl Breeder

Apr 18, 2011
    Welsh, LA
    Welcom from Louisiana [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by