love this site!

StellasChick

Chirping
5 Years
Aug 21, 2014
Colorado
Newbie from Colorado here. This is my first post, but I've already read lots of others. I have loved all the great info, even if some of it has come after the fact! We have 5 Golden Comets and they're lots of fun. I made our coop out of pallets I got for free.

Thanks granny! I'll try to get some better pics soon. Every day they "commute" from the coop, across the yard to their run under the trampoline! It's quite a sight.

Thanks diva! I took one of those round wooden stakes used to support new trees and notched the ends so I could screw it to a piece of 2x4. It's stable and seems big enough so it's easy on their feet.

Last edited:
Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. It looks like you did a great job making your coop out of recycled pallets. Golden Comets are one of many labels under which some hatcheries market their Red Sex Links and they are egg laying machines. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in getting lots of eggs.

Back
Top Bottom