Love this site

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Scruffyfeathers, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Scruffyfeathers

Scruffyfeathers Out Of The Brooder

Feb 16, 2015
    Griffin Georgia
    In introduction, my name is Brian, and she who must be obeyed, hails to Brenda. Brenda became medically disabled in 2009 and I retired just this last March in 2014. Both of us are workoholics. Two months ago we bought a few acres in the Northeast rural section of Griffin, Ga.

I grew up on a farm in Markesan, Wi. while Brenda grew up just twenty odd miles south of here in Thomaston, Ga. where her daddy, Frank, has always had a large, no, very large garden.

We had a Dog Rescue facility but due to our health we are having to find new homes for our crew. We moved many of them with us so first on the agenda was to build shelter and pens for our furry family members.

Our neighbors are great and quite helpful. They have lived in the area 30 and 40 years. Linwood, also retired, is quite active for his 72 years and is always on hand when I find myself in need. David, 63, retired as well, but putters around with a score of services i.e. selling firewood, bamboo cane and chickens just to name a few.

Brenda and I decided to do the "Green Acres" shift in our life. I was a General Contractor and Brenda was a finance officer and sales rep most of her working life. This is going to be a fun and exciting life-style change for us.

David, here to fore known as Mr. Haney, actually put the chicken bug in my ear so I began to search the web for much needed "Chicken" information. I actually stumbled upon BYC early in my search and was hooked immediately. Very informative and designed exceptionally well. As we put together our little farmette I am sure I will be researching the vast amount of information here at BYC and hopefully interacting with many of its members.

2. ApiaryandAviary

ApiaryandAviary Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2014
    Seems as if you are getting to know your neighbors. Some chickens do better in the South. You might want to check out Boggy Bottom Bantams in Georgia.

3. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
  4. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome Brian & Brenda

Glad you could join the flock! It's always a bonus when neighbours are friendly and helpful, yours sound fantastic! Wishing you both the very best of luck with yiur new venture in the future.
    Hope you enjoy BYC, I am sure you will :frow

5. Hatching Addict

Hatching Addict Out Of The Brooder

Feb 17, 2015
    Texas
    You're right! This site is great...so much information and helpful advice. From one newbie to another....Glad you're here!

6. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC, Brian and Brenda. Glad you decided to our flock. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in your "Green Acres" shift. :eek:)

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Hi Brian, nice to meet you. You can go to "where am I, where are you," in the social forum to locate and post on your state thread. I bet you find more good neighbors you just haven't met , yet. Welcome to the flock.

8. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]I'm glad you joined us.

9. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    [​IMG] I'm glad you joined our "flock!"

10. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by