Love this time of year!!!

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Fat Daddy, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Fat Daddy

Fat Daddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Ks
    Well, its been a good day here at Fat Daddy Farms. Started my day by finding the first 3 eggs from Buttercups birds! I moved them outside just about when they should have started laying, so I guess they are over their mad...

Got my 2 hrs of mowing done early this morning.

I separated the extra roos from the bachelor pen, then sent 5 to camp Kenmore...

Moved the 3 week old Butlers I got from JJ, out to the shop brooder, there are no more birds in my house!!

Then spent the rest of the day working on the latest 1\\2 pen. Its ready for birds except for the door latches. ( barrel bolts)

[​IMG]

I made up a little brisket rub and gave the camp Kenmore kids a good dose of it and let them sit for about 5 hrs. Then fired up the BBQ.....

[​IMG]

While I was cooking quail and workin on a fine box of wine, My lovely bride was make'in the fix'ins....

[​IMG]

Like I said, Its been a GOOD day !!! Bill

Last edited: Apr 30, 2011
  2. thekid

thekid Chillin' With My Peeps

lol i barley ate anything all day.......... now im hungry and camp Kenmore [​IMG]

3. gamebirdboy

gamebirdboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    East Tennessee
    I just gave one of my meat chickens a spray on tan with dry rub and then soaked him in olive oil. Can't wait til Sunday dinner. Hi bill;)

4. Fat Daddy

Fat Daddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Ks
    Quote:Well Kid you bring yourself to my little part of the world, I will gladly feed a hungry traveler... Have 2 of those birds left over!!! [​IMG]

5. thekid

thekid Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

6. Dirk Chesterfield

Dirk Chesterfield Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

7. MobyQuail

MobyQuail c. giganticus

Sep 10, 2010
    Quailtropolis
    great day! thanks for sharing.

8. _Randall_

_Randall_ Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2009
    Grenada, Ms
    Quote:That's torture through temptations at it's best, Bill....... [​IMG]

9. kahlertm

kahlertm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2010
    Durango, Colorado
    Days like that just make it all SO worth while. Yum. Gratification in getting work done around the place, milestones met, and a pleasant tasty reward at the end. Freshly mowed with a new pen just looks good doesn't it? Makes you say AHHHHH.

You deserved it Bill. It is a good time of year...I am having the same days over here in the mountains. [​IMG]

Cheers,
    Tonya

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by