Love When I Have An Egg Suprise!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by BerthasMommy, Sep 14, 2011.

1. BerthasMommy

BerthasMommy Out Of The Brooder

Sep 4, 2011
    Southeast Texas
    So I went out to get the eggs for the afternoon and to give my flock some crack also known as dried meal worms and I was so excited I yelled lol I believe I scared a alert out of my rooster gumbeaux [​IMG] I have been waiting for an EE egg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    [​IMG] Congrats! [​IMG]
    I'm waiting on 5 EEs to start laying real soooon!
  3. BerthasMommy

BerthasMommy Out Of The Brooder

Sep 4, 2011
    Southeast Texas
    Quote:I have been feeling like a crazy chicken momma lol I was really curious/hoping to see a blue egg lol I already have all brown egg layers. So now I have one more EE and one white leghorn and then they will all be laying ladies!![​IMG]
  4. Ole rooster

Ole rooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2011
    Milner, Georgia
    Hey, be satisfied. Your gettin eggs. Right?[​IMG]
  5. moriah6299

moriah6299 Overrun With Chickens

Sep 14, 2011
    Hi i'm new and i want to know what EE stands for?
  6. hispoptart

hispoptart Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    NW Colorado
    Wow what a pretty egg!!!
  7. ceeceeholt

ceeceeholt Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2011
    Quote:Easter Egger - mixed or as some say "mutt" chicken!
  8. bgelber

bgelber Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2009
    Athens, al
    enjoy those pretty eggs while you can...mine laid very consistently for about 2 months since then NOT A SINGLE EGG from the free loader hen. [​IMG] When I go to collect the eggs she just looks at me like "What?" [​IMG]
  9. michelle89

michelle89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2011

I get the same look from my EE!! Its as if she's saying do you mind, get your hand out from under my butt! Sheesh, can't a lady have some privacy!! I tend to rush my girls, I just love collecting their eggs! [​IMG]
    I know I'm strange, the simple things in life give me the greatest joy!!
  10. Wisher1000

Wisher1000 Bama Biddy

I can't see the pic but I wish I could. I have 3 EE's and one lays a pale blue/green egg a d she's broody so none at the moment. The second one lays a medium beige egg and the third either lays a brown egg or is not laying yet (at 26 weeks old.) Oh well, I guess I'll have to order more and see if I can get more blue ones!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by