love

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by juniorf150, Oct 26, 2011.

1. juniorf150

juniorf150 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 14, 2011
    Eastanollee Ga
    Do you feel like you love or show more love in a relationship then the other person

Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
  2. maxxsmommy

maxxsmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2011
    Minnesota
    yes, I totally understand where you are coming from! I am more of the "show" love type, my husband says it sometimes but hardly shows it..

3. featherfinder

featherfinder Runner Lover

Quote:Same with me. Except we are only engaged.

4. Criskin

Criskin Lost somewhere in a book

I'm the more physically affectionate of the two of us but he is much more thoughtful than I am so it kind of evens out.

5. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I'd say my husband shows me more "love" than i show him... Hes always doing thoughtful, kind things for me.
    I can be a grump sometimes.. [​IMG]

6. Alicia G

Alicia G Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2010
    Nova Scotia
    I think each person shows affection (or love) in there own way. Sometimes its not as obvious, but that doesn't mean that he/she does not care as much [​IMG]

7. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    I think we just have different styles of showing love. He wants to fix things, and I'm more of a let me feed you girl. We do end every phone call with an "Love you", but I tend to do that with a bigger group of people. We've only been together for nearly 30 years now, so what do I know?

8. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Quote:[​IMG] Redhen a grump? [​IMG] No way! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The eensie, weensie spider went up the person's snout
    The eensie, weensie spider went in the Redhen's mout'
    The eensie, weensie [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] Ya Redhen. [​IMG]

9. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    Quote:Hands down I do but I have had recent issues....with my husband cheating so that is what I see and how I feel.

10. punk-a-doodle

punk-a-doodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    I feel like I'm on an even-keel with my husband, both in saying and showing affection, which is probably one reason why this is my only non-friendship relationship that has had any sort of bond, let alone a natural and strong one. He's very, very introspective, and I have social anxiety, and we're the only people we've ever met that we feel as comfortable with together as when we are alone.

Past relationships...heck, I didn't even want to hold hands. XD It took a long time to meet someone that was right for me, and who I was right for. If he dies before me, it's back to feeling like and unmatched sock and charity or police type/risky work (what I originally planned to do), because I don't expect to meet anyone else who comes close to that level of connection. If I die first...I strongly hope he finds someone to help him through that time.

Friendship wise, I tend to connect best with easy going and kind people, so it really doesn't seem to matter if one person is more eager about the friendship than the other. We get together whenever, and help each other when it is needed and asked for. No prying, no gossip, and no sense of obligation. Seems to work great.

It's always good to stand back and see why a relationship feels or is one-sided. It's something a *good* therapist can really help one with if the problem is serious enough and affects a person's mood and thought process. I could easily have seen myself go down a road into unhealthy unhappiness dead-end lane. It took a lot of work and a lot of luck to end up on a level self-aware and aware of others enough to find what worked for me. Had I not met who I did and learned what I did, I'd probably be unhappily married to the person my parents chose, or in an unhealthy relationship I didn't have enough coping skills and self-confidence (and complete inability to get over the feeling of: "I'll hurt their feelings) to get out of. It's scary how likely that was to happen to me, and how unlikely I would have been able to escape from that.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by