Lovely Bearded Splash Silkie Pair

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Three Cedars Silkies, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Up for your consideration is a beautiful pair of young splash silkies. The pullet was hatched June 30 and the cockerel was hatched Aug. 15.

Pullet:
    Large crest full of pin feathers, dark eyes, perfect toes with good separation, small black comb, heavy foot feathering, lovely, tight wings and wonderful, chatty personality. She is a perfect size and has a nice, heavy body and is extremely typey. Her splashing is a bit darker than it appears on my screen but the sun washed out the color a bit in the photo.

Cockerel:
    This cockerel is young and still has a lot of filling out to do. He has a very decent size crest that is full of pin feather, perfect toes with good separation, very small dark comb, great wings and nice foot feathering. His eyes are lighter than I like and I've included a pic in which you can see the color. Bred to dark eyes girls, he should produce lovely babies. I believe this boy will finish out an outstanding bird.

We always ship birds that have been bathed, have no critters on them, wormed and had a pedicure. We also put a hardware cloth "floor" in the shipping boxes to facilitate good footing for them on their trip. The boxes are finished out with feed and waterers specifically made for shipping.

Shipping for this pair will be delayed until after Christmas due to the heavy load at the Post Office during this time. Shipping charge includes $10 for the new Horizon box and actual shipping. If actual shipping is less than $60 we will refund the difference. Please understand that once the bird leaves our hands we cannot be responsible for it's timely or safe arrival. We have never had a death in shipping birds, but it is a possibility that is beyond our control.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Bat Cave Silkies

Bat Cave Silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2010
    Bat Cave, NC
    My goodness~~when this pair reaches maturity....just imagine the gorgeous chicks they're going to produce [​IMG]

3. huckleberryfarm

huckleberryfarm Chickenista

Jan 7, 2010
    Greenwood, SC
    True!!! Very nice!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by