Lovely Pair of Brown Chinese Geese seek forever home in the SF Bay Area (or further maybe)

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by BeachBirds, Jan 20, 2013.

1. BeachBirds

BeachBirds New Egg

Jan 13, 2013
    I recently became the lucky foster mother of a darling pair of Brown Chinese geese. They are reputed to be just over a year old. They came from a very sad situation. They were reported to be hand raised from goslings but were abandon by their owners when they faced eviction. They were left in a basement, in standing water without proper food for lord knows how long. A well meaning but unprepared lady took them in. She found them overwhelming and stuck them in a dark shed full of hay and gave them rabbit food and no clean water. This is the condition I found them in. We have 6 chickens (a rescue flock) and we recently lost the apple of our eye, Dazzy, the call duck. This does not qualify me as a goose expert as I have never really considered myself a goose person but I couldn't leave them there. We brought them home on Wednesday and have been keeping them in the basement at night (in a pen, our basement has dirt floors and leads to our back yard) and letting them roam the yard during the day. They are warming up to us and seem to be feeling much better now that they have all the grass they can eat, clean water to drink and spot to wash themselves. The gander is still aggressive at times but no one has suffered a goosing and he gives up halfway through the charge.
    The goose laid an egg on Thursday. We were very impressed. They want to stay together and we would be happy to deliver within the bay area or further for the right home.
    They also love to watch the chickens and will totally let you know if something is amiss.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jpayne615

jpayne615 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 20, 2013
    I would love to adopt them! But sadly I live in Alabama...

3. SonomaRoost

SonomaRoost Out Of The Brooder

Sep 15, 2012
    Sonoma (Rural), Ca
    Hello,
    I live in Sonoma and was wondering if you still have these geese? I have been looking for adult geese to help protect my chickens as Hawks are a problem and we have a great property for them with a Pond being put in later spring!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by