Lovin my Kindle.. what about you? whats on yours?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Dar, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    Well I drove across the Canada USA border yesterday afternoon to buy my Kindle... it was a quiet drive quite relaxing actually and I am so glad I did i LOVE IT [​IMG]

I have a spanish english dictionary
    a few books for my daughter and The Russell Peters bio.. (great book so far)
    Hubby downloaded all of David and Lee Eddings..

I have a wish list a mile long...

whats on your Kindle?

2. Whitehouse Quail

Whitehouse Quail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    Michigan
    S*it My Dad Says
    Decision Points by George Bush
    Going Rogue
    A Bold Fresh Piece of Humanitiy by Bill Oreilly
    Youth in Revolt
    Water for Elephants
    Cain's Apples
    I am Ozzy
    The Longest Trip Home
    Marley and Me
    Michael Jackson: A Biography
    The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
    Dracula
    Little Women
    Pride and Prejudice

Plus some samples... I keep it pretty loaded! [​IMG]

3. MaggieRae

MaggieRae Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    North Texas
    Well, rather than name the 130+ books, I think I'd rather just smile and congratulate you on your new Kindle!!!! [​IMG]

4. Dar

Jul 31, 2008
    Quote:holy how 130+ books... thats a life time supply for me...lol

5. welasharon

welasharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2010
    North Florida
    I am so tempted to buy one. I love to read but never have time...and thefew times I do I don't have anything handy. I am thinking if I had one I could pull it out and read in bits and pieces.
    sharon

6. Dar

Jul 31, 2008
    Quote:I really dont have a lot of time to read but this is smaller then a typical book so it fits in my purse easy.

I am finding its easier to read on the kindle. My hand does not cramp from sprawling my fingers to keep the pages open. I can sit back on the sofa and read. The font is adjustable so i can read without my glasses

I have downloaded a few classics for my son who has learning disabilities and he uses the text to speech function and when he does not know a word he will pause the reading and look it up in the dictionary

I am so happy with my purchase. I am glad I didnt settle for the Canadian knock off the kobowith much less functions.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
  7. MaggieRae

MaggieRae Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    North Texas
    Quote:holy how 130+ books... thats a life time supply for me...lol

I read... A lot. Plus, I share an account with my family so we can all read the books on our kindle. Also, a lot of the classics are free online so I've got a bunch of those, too.

8. Rozzie

Rozzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Uhm. My archives have about 1000 books in them. No, I've not read them all. Use JungleSearch. It is the quickest way to find free CURRENT books from Amazon.
    Publishers often put free books or novellas up. Sometimes they are up for only two hours. Sometimes the same titles are up for weeks or months.

Sometimes it will be a free "preview" -- a longer sample than what you can usually get for free. These are usually best avoided (not worth the bother) unless you've read the sample and need a bit more to see if you want to buy the book.

You have a couple of options: grab everything FAST in case it is not available five minutes later (always glance at the price on Amazon).
    or
    Read carefully and only get the ones you are interested in to avoid cluttering up your archives.

I grab 'em all and worry about what they are later. Lots of the freebies are Christian fiction so if you're into that, you can find some good stuff. Occasionally there are some raunchy titles, if you're into a different type of title.

I'm not sure if the free titles will be available to you in Canada. I know that they aren't always available for kindle users outside the U.S.

Ratio is a good cookbook.
    Fordlandia is a good read, too.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
  9. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    I love my physical hardbound books. . . . [​IMG]

10. Rozzie

Rozzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Quote:I used to! Kindle is SOOOO much better! I have thousands and thousands of paper books. I'd choose never to read a paper book again, except for heavily footnoted books. Unfortunately, much of what I need is not available on Kindle and won't be for a long time (plus then I'd have to buy it again).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by