Loving College! (vet tech student)

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by NewHopePoultry, Apr 20, 2012.

1. NewHopePoultry

NewHopePoultry Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    I cant remember whether or not that I posted I was going back to college,lol.
    Ive been in school since Feb 13th to be a vet tech and I LOVE it.

Animals are pretty much my whole life (besides my family) ao this is perfect for me.

Im going to Sanford-Brown College in St. Peters. Its a very hands on school and I love that.

2. GoldenSparrow

GoldenSparrow Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Thats great! I am planing to do something like that as well.

what type of animals do you want to work with?

3. NewHopePoultry

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    I go back and forth on what I want to work with for sure,lol.
    I already have a degree in wildlife conservation, since I have a strong love for wildlife, but then again I also love dogs/cats and farm animals,lol.

4. Tigertrea

Tigertrea Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2012
    LaSalle Ontario Canada
    Wonderful line of work! I've been a vet tech for 17yrs and recently got laid off. The economy where I am really sucks so more clinics are laying off than hiring. I spent a few months wondering what I would do. I eventually realized I AM a Vet tech! I cannot ever see me doing anything else. I love my job. It is more than a job. It is a profession and a life.

5. NewHopePoultry

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri

So sorry to hear yuo got laid off :( Thats no fun.

I knew from a young age that I wanted to do something with animals, but just was never sure what until last year and being a vet tech hit me.

6. Fierlin1182

Fierlin1182 powered-flight

Aug 26, 2011
    I'm glad you're getting to do something that you love, that's always the best. :)
    All the best for the future!

7. NewHopePoultry

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri

8. jbschickens

jbschickens Out Of The Brooder

Apr 28, 2012
    Madisonville, LA
    So cool that you have a wildlife conservation degree! I am working on my first degree in environmental biology. I am hoping to get a job with the wildlife and fisheries department. I hope you love being a vet tech once you get your degree, best of luck with your studies!!!

9. Cheeky Chick

Cheeky Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    It's a wonderful job! I graduated from SUNY Farmingdale with a Vet Tech degree in 19...well, lets just say it was a while ago. [​IMG]

I never really worked at it though, (Besides volunteering my time at shelters) because the salaries they offered weren't enough to support myself with. I will go back to it some day. You will love it-it's a great job, and I'm sure you'll look forward to going to work every day of your life.

My daughter wants to g to school for Wildlife Rehabilitation. I can't think of anything that would make her happier.

10. NewHopePoultry

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    My love for pets is as equal as my love for wildlife.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by