Loving my Brahma!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by JenniferC, May 6, 2008.

1. JenniferC

JenniferC Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    I have finally decided to stop worrying, and allow myself to completely favor my Brahma over my other chicks. In fact I think I'm going to get one more Brahma tomorrow. (Last chicken I will get- PROMISE!)

She is so sweet and gentle! I swear I think she even knows her name. Do people tend to fall for one breed?

2. coopist

coopist Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    Midwest U.S.
    I'd say they fall for individuals and that colors their perception of the breed. But, yeah, Brahmas are fairly often sweet things.

3. JenniferC

Apr 7, 2008
    You may be right, but is this kid gorgeous, or what?

[​IMG]

4. JenniferC

Apr 7, 2008
    I don't think I'm capturing her charm on film.

I wonder if people look like their chickens, the same way they look like their dogs?

5. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Jennifer,
    But of course you're loving your brahma! They have the personalities to match their good looks. [​IMG]
    Funny thing is, I added light brahmas to my order almost as an afterthought; thinking the buffs and the darks were so much prettier. I was wrong! My light brahma girls, Isis in particular, are the sweetest things and so very pretty. I call them my little doves. [​IMG]
    Yours is equally beautiful. Enjoy her!

6. peeboo

peeboo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    fort bragg nc
    awesome,
    just got some brahma's as day old chicks. didn't know much about 'em. glad to hear good things hehe.

7. JenniferC

Apr 7, 2008
    Quote:Ooooh, Isis is a fabulous name!

I'm getting a light Brahma tomorrow- I hope! I'm going to try to hold it at one, though. I hope my meanie dominant BR does not pick on her too bad. I can throw in one of the baby cochins with her for company If I have to keep her separate.

I really do wonder about people liking different types of chickens. It sounds like a Magazine personality quiz thing. "If you were a chicken, what kind would you be?"

Last edited: May 6, 2008
  8. suenrob

suenrob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Ft. Myers, FL
    Beautiful picture!!! Is that a Lilac in the background?

9. RobinEgg

RobinEgg Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2008
    she looks like a sweetie.

10. JenniferC

Apr 7, 2008
    Quote:Yep, I have way too many trees. Just planted a peach today. Peaches in Seattle!?! What am I thinking?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by