Loving my new chicks!

meangreenie

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 20, 2014
WV
[/IMG]
This one has quite a personality! I brought home 8, but 1looked bad upon arrival and had horrible pasty butt. I cleaned it and got it going again, but she died this morning. I was hoping she would make it, but not such the case. Everyone else seems happy and healthy! 10 days old here

Aww adorable, I love hatching them out tho rather than buying them, sadly I lost my big man Monday, 10 months old, horrible when you lose one you
Bond with.my last batch of eggs I hatched, one of my chicks had a really pasty bum, I washed it down with warm water, worker pretty well, I also put some vitamins down her, she perked up, just an idea if
It happens to you again?

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip! This is my first time with chickens. In the future I want to get a rooster and maybr try hatching my own. I think that would be awesome!

Yeah it is pretty cool, but when I hatch I always end up with more roosters than hens haha, so I would advise instead of buying a rooster, buy some fertile eggs and I'm sure you'll get more than one rooster, usually 60% are roosters, then you don't have to part with one of the roo chicks! X

Back
Top Bottom