Loving the chicken life!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by emcdiggs, Mar 10, 2017.

1. emcdiggs

emcdiggs Just Hatched

Mar 10, 2017
    Hello! We are new to having our own chickens, but my husband grew up with his grandparents chickens and worked on a farm in college, so he has some experience. I had some ducks growing up, but am already in love with my baby chicks! We have been working on the coop and run and getting it ready while the girls are growing in the brooder. We have loved everything on this site and all the feedback from everyone! It definitely helped me figure out what all I needed before we got the pullets and how to deal with everything from pasty butt to the pecking order! I have learned so much already and cannot wait to learn more!

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, emcdiggs, and [​IMG]! Just said hello to you over on the other forum - glad you came over and introduced yourself! Don't worry - I'm not stalking you! [​IMG] I spend a lot of time on this forum greeting the newcomers!
    You'll find us a friendly and helpful bunch! Ask any questions you have along the way! Not sure where you are located but you can chat with local poultry peeps in your state thread in this link: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread
    Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC! [​IMG]

3. dewtattoo

dewtattoo Out Of The Brooder

Feb 23, 2017
    Modesto, CA
    My Coop
    Hello from California. [​IMG] You and I are currently in the same boat. My chicks are in the brooder and I'm on the mad dash to complete my coop. Good luck with your build.

4. emcdiggs

emcdiggs Just Hatched

Mar 10, 2017
    Love it! we are debating the exact area we are building the run right now and cannot wait to get them all full grown and out there! How many do yall have?

5. dewtattoo

dewtattoo Out Of The Brooder

Feb 23, 2017
    Modesto, CA
    My Coop
    We started with 4. We got a black Australorp, a Silver Laced Wyandotte, a Barred Rock, and a Speckled Sussex. Mine are only 2-weeks old at the moment, but they have nearly doubled in size since we got them.

6. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under emcdiggs [​IMG] Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

8. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Glad to hear BYC has been helpful to you as it has for so many others.

It's nice to have you here!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by