Loving this site....

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Rhonda0115, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Rhonda0115

Rhonda0115 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2013
    Central Missouri
    Hi everyone! My name is Rhonda (I know....I was really original with my Login name, huh?) I live in Missouri and while I was raised on a farm, I spent the last 25 years mostly in a town setting. Just purchased my very own place (about 5 acres) and my first addition was chickens and ducks.

I can't keep eggs in stock due to my co-workers being such faithful purchasers and found that I have a great client base in the local Asian market for my duck eggs. I hatched my rooster in an incubator and he is a psychotic Cuckoo Maran...very bi-polar but beautiful! His name is Drumstick and I make daily threats to enjoy him in a stewpot if he doesn't stop being neurotic.

I purchased a hen assortment from McMurray and ended up with the Buff Orpington, Red Sex link, and two Lace Wyandottes. Hop is the Buff and she somehow broke her leg when young but has figured out how to get around just fine...hence, Hop. My Red is Chicken Patty, and the two Laces are Dinner and Batman (my son named her). I have two Pekins that grew up with them and stay in the same run/coop....Thelma and Louise. They lay the prettiest, largest eggs I have ever seen.

I currently have 15 assorted cockerals (heavy breeds), 15 Cornish Crosses, a Cuckoo Maran (yeah...that was my exotic...great....another neurotic rooster), 5 Black Australops, and 3 Campbell Khaki ducklings in my brooder boxes. I have another 4 Pekin female ducklings coming tomorrow and 15 pullets (5 RIR, 5 black star, 5 red sex link and whatever exotic they send ....please do not let it be a Cuckoo Maran!!!) coming in April. My boys will end up in the deepfreeze and I have almost all of them sold already. The ducklings will get their own home and hopefully produce more eggs for my Asian market clients and my pullets will help me keep up with my other markets. Already working on names for the girls (Chicken Nugget, Chick Magnet, Peep Show, Peeping Tomasita, etc.).

Loving living on the "Funny Farm" and having my dogs, cats, chickens, ducks...and soon to add Boer Goats to my little place. I enjoy posting and reading the other posts here. Thank you for such great insite into chickens, different breeds, etc.

2. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]. Hope to see you down in the duck section!

3. Rhonda0115

Rhonda0115 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2013
    Central Missouri
    Have already started posting in the duck section. Really just got my Pekins for entertainment purposes but have discovered that they are comedy relief on the farm. They love to follow me around and when I stop to work, they huddle down somewhere safe and make little noises. I call them in at night by yelling "Duck, Duck...Goose!" and here they come, waddling as fast as they can.

4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Rhonda, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined us! You have yourself quite the poultry collection! Have fun and enjoy!!

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

6. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan [​IMG]

Your ducks sound very sweet

7. Mr MKK FARMS