1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Loving this site!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Mary-Jane23, Jun 9, 2007.

1. Mary-Jane23

Mary-Jane23 New Egg

Jun 9, 2007
    Liverpool UK
    Hopefully, I am about to become a chicken keeper (I have 12 frizzle eggs incubating as I speak). I have found this the best website available and much appreciate the fabulous information it contains. I am only going to be able to keep the hens and have sourced a local farmer to take the cockerels. This is going to be awful. At what age will I be able to tell the difference between the sexes?

2. cookinmom

cookinmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    Saint George GA
    Welcome to the forum! I don't know about frizzles, but with other chickens you can probably get a pretty good idea by about 8 or 9 weeks. [​IMG]

3. Mary-Jane23

Mary-Jane23 New Egg

Jun 9, 2007
    Liverpool UK
    Thank you. I will be totally attached to them by that time. I've already bonded with the eggs!!! [​IMG]

4. chrissieg

chrissieg Chillin' With My Peeps

Just don't give them names yet!! [​IMG]

5. cookinmom

cookinmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    Saint George GA
    Quote:Why not?

6. MayberrySaint

MayberrySaint Chillin' Out

Mar 7, 2007
    Mount Airy, NC
    Quote:Why not?

I think it has to do with the old adage..."don't count your bitties until they hatch"...[​IMG]

7. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:[​IMG]I love frizzles............ where did you find some? I want some wahhhhhhhhhhhh [​IMG] good luck with them.and post pics soon as they come.I am ssooooooooooooo jealous

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by