Low 70's, 50% chance of thunderstorms. Shorts or jeans????

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by luvmychicknkids, May 14, 2009.

1. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Alright, I know this is ridiculous, but here goes. Tomorrow is my 7 y/o's field trip. He wants to wear shorts. You see the weather report. To me it is on that border......either would work....MAYBE. However, he is TINY (43 pounds) and I feel he might get too chilled. He doesn't agree. So I told him I would get some other opinions and make my decision tonight. Would YOU send a tiny speck of a person out in THAT weather in shorts? Oh, and today was pretty much the same forecast and we ended up with mid 80's and very muggy. No rain at all. *sigh*

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

I wear shorts and a tank top year round. Except at work. lol! But this is Seattle and I also wear socks with my sandals.

Imp- 70's are like a hot summer day here.

3. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    LOL I know people like that! I am extremely cold natured, though. This child was, however, born while I lived in Alaska. I think it ruined him!!!! [​IMG]

4. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    Send him with shorts and a hoodie he can pull out of his backpack if he's cold.

5. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    How about let him wear the shorts and shirt of his choice but make him take a hoodie in case he is chilled. My lower extremity doesn't get cold as fast as my upper extremity. It also may help him not feel left out in case his friends are also wearing shorts. [​IMG]

6. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Yeah, that would probably work.....his legs are just so skinny I don't see how they don't freeze!!! But I guess he really does know how he feels more than I do. LOL

7. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    You're a good mom! If he gets cold, lesson learned, if he doesn't all is well and he will remember you as flexible despite your concerns [​IMG]

8. Feathers Acres

Feathers Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Michigan
    I never wear shorts on 70 degree day, even if it rains its still pretty warm.

9. Teresaann24

Teresaann24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    Shorts!

10. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Well.......I got out his favorite shorts and his favorite shirt (a brown/grey/cream polo.....yes, the next of my geek kids in line LOL) and a really cute hoodie that matches. I know he won't freeze to death no matter what the weather does so he will be fine. Ugh....I just promised him I would do the "right" thing and get other opinions. LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by