Low priced chick-n-barn

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by rebecca10782, Apr 25, 2008.

1. rebecca10782

rebecca10782 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Critter-cages.com is only $300 it seems to be the cheapest on the internet

Last edited: Apr 29, 2008
  2. ebonykawai

ebonykawai Chillin' With My Peeps

I wouldn't buy that anyway. [​IMG]

Incidentally, that's not an actual working website.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2008
  3. patandchickens

patandchickens Flock Mistress

Apr 20, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    (first part of post edited out since the updated, correct website information rendered it obsolete)

Also I question the tact of loudly steering people away from a sponsor of this website in the title of your post. If you find somewhere cheaper to buy something, fine, sure, say something, but why not put it in the body of the message and just say 'here's where to get a good price on <wherever>.

Pat

4. CreamPuff

CreamPuff Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2008
    Springfield, Oregon
    I ordered our Chick-n-barn thru our feed store, and it was only $299(thats without the run and nesting boxes) I didn't have to pay shipping!!![​IMG]

5. suburbanhomesteader

suburbanhomesteader Chillin' With My Peeps

I agree that we should do everything we can to support the sponsors who help keep this website free.

If not the Chick-n-Barn, then perhaps something else.

6. Jennym

Jennym Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2008
    Connecticut
    Ok, I'm confused! I ordered the chick-n-barn from my pet chicken and thought the website was terrific. It was a bit more expensive but I got everything the same day (three boxes) And on time like they said. They have a great customer service team as well. Actually we are going to reinforce and expand like Dawn and Skip did. They bought the chick-n-barn and are very please. They have been very helpful to me.
    I've also ordered my chicks from www.mypetchicken.com
    I'm happy![​IMG]

7. QueenieBee

QueenieBee Out Of The Brooder

Apr 22, 2008
    Ocala, Florida
    [​IMG] Yeah. I don't think I'd be trusting that website.

I would stick with My Pet Chicken since so many have experience there and it's a legitimate site. My daughter went to a site like the other one mentioned and nearly killed my other computer with malware/adware.

8. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    The correct link is:

http://www.critter-cages.com/ (note the dash - without the dash you end up at one of those catch-all sites, rather than the legitimate company)

I ordered my chickNBarn and run from them after comparing prices all over. I had it in just a few days and they had great customer service.

I'm not knocking My Pet Chicken by any means, but if you need a cage of ANY kind, I highly recommend Critter Cages.

9. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Thanks for correcting that link, Arlee.

While we do support our sponsors I know we can't force people to buy from those places. My pocketbook leads me to the better priced business as well.

10. rebecca10782

rebecca10782 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    I guess I was a little dramatic, I apoligize. I was not trying to say anything bad about the website itself, I just think that one product is extremely overpriced. I think the website is great.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by