Lower Macungie, PA, near Allentown

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances' started by primginger, Mar 8, 2011.

1. primginger

primginger Hatching

Mar 8, 2011
    Anyone on here that lives in this area? I'm preparing to head to our township offices today or tomorrow to find out if we can have some chickens. I know Allentown city cannot, but I'm in Lower Macungie Township with an Allentown mailing address and have had a rooster in my yard last summer from a house down the road, so either this was an illegal escaped rooster or, I can have chickens, just wondering if anyone was on here that was from my area and knew.

2. bessyjean

bessyjean Hatching

Mar 15, 2011
    Hi -
    Did you happen to find out what the ordinances are for Lower Macungie? I live there too and would really like to raise a few chickens in our yard. I'd love to know what you found out!

Thanks!

3. thekid

thekid Songster

i live in pennsylvania and it seems everywere you go there is a farm i think that chickens should be legal who cares if you have a rooster just order straight run and say that is animal cruelity and dont kill the roo everybody hates animal cruelity but when it comes to a chicken its a different story animal cruelity is illegal just bring that up when they complain good luck hope its legal

4. henlover1

henlover1 Hatching

Aug 16, 2013
    I live in Macungie and I own chickens the limit to have is 8 total chickens. I have had game commision come up for a raccon problem and they said that 8 is the total limit. Hope this helps alot of people out!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: