Lower mainland BC Canada (Vancouver)

newwestchick

Chirping
5 Years
Hi all! I wanted to start a thread for those of us who live in the more temperate part of BC!

Please introduce yourself and tell us about your flock :D

We have currently a young group of 22 heritage chicks, Light Sussex, Caramel Queen, Barred Rock and Ameraucana's. We live in New Westminster.

The rain is wreaking havoc with flooding my run, but the babies are enjoying devouring all of the worms!

Hi Newwestchick, I'm moving soon to Cloverdale to a place I can have chickens, so excited! I'm getting some barnevelders and Barred Rocks closer to May and just building the coop now and doing research.

Hope your flooding has cleared up and you and your flock are well.

Still flooding, especially these last few days! The deep litter is so deep now though that it's no longer pooling, but the chickens love digging through for the worms trying to escape the water so I guess it's been win/win!

I'm down to 16 now, I sold 6 pullets to my aunt in interior BC, so 8 pullets and 8 cockerels left. The cockerels will go to freezer camp in six weeks or so, I cannot believe how HUGE the Light Sussex are already. I would call them a true dual purpose bird, they are much larger than my barred rock of the same age.

If you're wanting to tempt yourself head into Buckerfields in Abbotsford, they've got their spring pullets in... So cute!

Nope can't look at chicks yet, no temptation allowed as still need to move onto the property and build a coop. I may pick up mid April or May and I've planned on getting my Plymouth Rocks from True North Farms in Langley.

But soon, soon I will have little peeping fuzz balls.

I had a bad experience with True North Hatchery, completely unprofessional, they didn't even notify me the day they sent my chicks, if I hadn't called them I wouldn't have known when to pick them up. I wont do business with them again. When I sent in my deposit they waited almost 2 months to cash it which messed up my next order, and then they blamed me for it!!

Very unprofessional never again.

We've got a small flock of White Chanteclers, in Richmond.
One rooster. 3 Hens (4th just got taken by coyotes)
We've also got these..

4 days old.
4 possibly 7, in the incubator right now.

My little coop is in Ladner our near Tilbury.
As of today, I have 3 older ex bat Isa Brown gals (about 2 yrs old), 1 RIR who is about 19 weeks, and 2 wee Caramel Queens 5 weeks old.

Back
Top Bottom