Lower SS checks?

EweSheep

Flock Mistress
14 Years
Jan 12, 2007
Land of Lincoln
Looked at my bank account to see if there is automatic payment of my SSD being deposited in my account. Sure it is, but short of a hundred and ten dollars. I know I have Medicare so it MAY be part of why they took some out. I get my case reviewed every five years and I am good for another four years until another review time.

Is it part of the government cut back on the SS payments? My daughter's has been increased by ten dollars for her SS check.

Has anyone's SS checks has been affected by this "short changing"? I have not gotten any notice from the SS about the "cutback" or reduction of paycheck.

Got the letter today, rather two days late. It was due to State of Illinois will not pay for my Medicare Part B premiums anymore so I would get less each month. That's ok but wished they would hae let me know two weeks ahead of time when the first part month bills are due.

Quote:
How incredibly thoughtful of them
roll.png

Yeah I know! I don't mind them taking money out for the premiums but heck, they are bad about letting you know ahead of time so you don't get slammed by bills needed to be paid or whats worse, they would stop payments totally. We woudl ahve been a world of hurt if they stop totally. However DD's SSI was increased $20 but we pay for her All Kids' Care premiums of $40 a month PLUS hubby's BC/BS premiums of $65.00 med and $8.00 a week....jeez, add that up and we are paying alot for our insurance but can not go without it either.

Particuarly the state of Illinois. I guess I am not alone in this but glad hubby works 40+ or more hours a week. That is something thankful about that.

Back
Top Bottom