Lowes playhouse coop pictures

kgatn

In the Brooder
12 Years
Feb 18, 2007
middle Tennessee
I created a blog for my "save my backyard chickens" cause and it has some nice pictures of my completed Lowes playhouse kit chicken house & run.

www.savesewaneechickens.blogspot.com

Ideally, I would like to eventually take this topic national.

Please feel free to write the University Lease Committee regarding my cause. The more the merrier!

The blog has some pretty pictures. Enjoy!

-Katherine

That is an adorable little coop!

Welcome to BYC!!
big_smile.png

Thanks for sharing your Lowe's Playhouse pics!!!! It turned out so lovely!!!!!

What breeds & how many are you housing in it?

We bought one, but it's still sitting in it's box. It's actually for my daughter's flock. She's been to busy to paint it and we don't have her banty chicks yet either, so no rush.

Do you have any pics of what you did to the inside?

Coops like that make me wish I had a handle on this addiction. Alas, they will not all fit. I think it's great to see you standing up for chicken ownership! I think more people would own chickens if they knew what they're missing.

Until yesterday I had 3 little Polish, 1 Frizzle and 1 furry footed something - then one of the Polish eeked out his first crow so I loaded the 2 little boys up and took them to the "safe house". (My friend who lives a few miles out of town with his chickens and no restrictions) - so now I've got just 3. I do have a picture of the inside of the house, but I'd have to figure out how to post it and I don't have time now. I'll end up putting it on the blog sometime, but one step at a time!

When you put your kit together - turn one wall upside down and use the window as a door to the run - that's a great tip I found on the message boards here.

I used 6 foot long window screens from old house as the frame for the run.

Glad you like it. It's a huge step up from the "poor white trash" house I built first!!

www.savesewaneechickens.blogspot.com

Last edited:
I read about your battle to keep your chickies and it really touched me. I pray everything will work out for you. It seems quite unfair actually because if they were 3 parrots no one would have said anything.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom