Lowe's Playhouse: My Version ***Updated pics pg 3***

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by cogburn, Oct 23, 2008.

1. cogburn

cogburn Out Of The Brooder

Oct 21, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    I have been working on this for a couple of weeks. There are still a few details with the coop left to do. I need to add the stick on vinyl floor, finish the feeder, and add the cable to pull up the pop door. Then it will be time to start the run.

We are new to raising chickens and wanted something that would look nice in the yard. Our plan is for it to house 3-4 bantams.

Please feel free to make suggestions. I want to make sure it is right before we add the chickens.

Thanks,
    Chad

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
  2. jbowyer01

jbowyer01 Just Me!

Aug 29, 2008
    Hogansville, Georgia
    Wow very pretty and I love the colors!

3. DrakeMaiden

DrakeMaiden Overrun with Drakes

Jun 8, 2007
    Kitsap County, WA
    Nicely done Chad!

My only question is if there is cross-ventilation.

4. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Looks like you've done an excellent job, Chad! It's very pretty! Now, send us a picture once your birds move in and have pooped all over that beautiful interior! HA! Just kidding. It looks very nice!!

5. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Wow Love it!!

6. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    p.s.:

[​IMG]

7. cogburn

Oct 21, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    Quote:I added a vent to the back wall to help. Also, where the roof meets the wall, there is about 1/2 gap on both sides. I figured I would cover them with hardware cloth and leave them open. With the side window, and the top of the front door open, I am more worried about if I should cover them to keep the wind out.

[​IMG]

8. cogburn

Oct 21, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    Quote:Thanks,

I have been lurking for a few weeks coming up with ideas. I appreciate all the information and the sharing that takes place.

9. Chicabee19

Chicabee19 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2008
    n/a
    OMG! That's adorable! Fantastic! Lovely! I especially like the roof -- Is that paint on there or stain?

10. DrakeMaiden

DrakeMaiden Overrun with Drakes

Jun 8, 2007
    Kitsap County, WA
    Quote:That looks good. You may want to cover the windows partially for the winter . . . or MAKE SHUTTERS!!! [​IMG] But cold air is supposed to be better than lack of proper ventilation.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by