1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Loyal ducks

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Jessica89, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Jessica89

Jessica89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2014
    North Wales
    As some of you may know.. Hattie has a bad foot. She is on antibiotics and I am giving her bed rest to prevent her from moving around too much.

I seperated her on the other side of the enclosure but they were all distressed so I brought her into the garden...

They havn't left her side since...

So sweet.

[​IMG]
    I had a lump in my throat watching them. ha!

Bad news is, Roy is starting to limp and I think it's because he went through thorns trying to get to the hens!
    Going to order some sort of vet spray for their little feet.

2. Orca5094

Orca5094 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2014
    Sweden
    Omg, that picture is so cute and sweet! ^-^ Ducks are such flock animals, they just can't leave their friends behind!

3. Jessica89

Oct 9, 2014
    North Wales
    It's so sweet to see, isn't they!
    They weren't happy until they were all together again. I have put her crate in the big coop so she can be with them all tonight !:)

4. DemonicFowl

DemonicFowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2014
    South Eastern Mass
    Beautiful ducks! Just chillin here with my peeps lol. There's vetericyn spay.

5. Jessica89

Oct 9, 2014
    North Wales
    That's what I have just ordered. Is it any good and safe to use on ducks?
    If I spray Roys foot.. I am hoping it will stop it from getting infected too.

6. DemonicFowl

DemonicFowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2014
    South Eastern Mass

Yah I've used it on my ducks, cats and dog. Might want to move them to a dry place so it doesn't wash off as fast or wrap it, have fun with that. Such a pain when they just rip it off ;). After I spent so long to make it...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by