Lt. Brahma's - What gender do you think

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by debakadeb, May 4, 2009.

1. debakadeb

debakadeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Hi. I have four Lt. Brahma's - 7 weeks old. I tried to get these pictures as close as I could (none of them will really pose for me *sigh*). What gender do you think they are?

PIC#1
    [​IMG]

PIC#2
    [​IMG]

PIC#3 - as you see they gave me their backside more often than not

[​IMG]

PIC#4

[​IMG]

PIC#5

[​IMG]

PIC#6 - Group Photo but still a lot of backsides

[​IMG]

I'm not even sure I can tell them apart. I could until they got to be about 6 weeks old. I'm guessing I have 3 of one gender and 1 of the other but am hoping for at least 2/2.

2. SoJoChickens

SoJoChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2009
    Fountain Green, UT
    It's tough to tell but I would guess 3 pullets and 1 cockerel (pic #2 looks at bit more like a cockerel to me). Good luck!

3. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Beautiful birds! I'd really love to see some faces. In pic #3, the chook in the middle may be a cockerel.

4. debakadeb

debakadeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2008
    SW Indiana
    The one in the third picture has a very fat head --the other three have smaller heads. However, when I got them, three of them came to me almost solid yellow and one came to me as white with black markings. What is interesting is that I cannot pick out the one that was odd one out ...and it started out as the smallest chick of them all...out of 26 babies.

Thanks all for your guesses. I'll try to get some head shots over the next few days. I'm beginning to let them out with the older birds for a few hours each day. So far, my year-olds are telling them to get out of their space...and the youngsters are minding!! Not that this has anything to do with gender [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by