Lt Brown Leghorn dispostion?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by ging3rhoffman, May 2, 2009.

1. ging3rhoffman

ging3rhoffman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    Does anyone have any of the Light Brown Leghorn pullets or hens? I wanted to know if they were laid back or not. Does anyone have any adult pictures of their lt brown leghorn hens they could post for me. Ive beeen to the feathersite website and there was just one that I could really see and it was small.

How large are their eggs?

Thanks [​IMG]

2. Majestic Lane Poultry

Majestic Lane Poultry Heart Strings Animal Rehoming

Feb 9, 2009
    Wish I could help you but I only have california white lehorns. I love their personality. I have one that is sooo nosey it's funny.

3. Javamama

Javamama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2008
    USA
    Mine is hatchery stock and very skittish. She gives 3 to 5 medium or small white eggs a week. We had one that had trouble laying from the start and had to put it down. Also had trouble with frostbite, but her comb has come back nicely. I will not get any more though, too flighty for me. I have seen others here who had more mellow ones than mine. Here's the 2 I started with.
    [​IMG]

4. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    I have 2 that look just like javamama's. They were called Danish Brown Leghorns. Scared to death of people, scream when I pick them up off the roost, but good at spotting flying predators. Lots of big white eggs. No more for me, people say leghorns are skittish like mine are; I want to be able to pick them up/dust them/etc. without panicking them. Roo was beautiful, though, not friendly but not mean.

5. Krys109uk

Krys109uk Chillin' With My Peeps

Leghorns aren't known for being friendly. I always found them intelligent, active & flighty. Depends what one likes. I think they're great but if one wants chickens to pet they wouldn't usually be a first choice.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by