1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Lt Sussex's question

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Texas Chickens, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Last june we got hatching eggs for Lt Sussex's . Hatched out 3 Lt Sussex's and 2 with the lt gray around necks and tail Which I assume are Cornation Sussex's? How could this happen? Well I know how.... another rooster got to some of the hens or else the Lt Sussexs are mixed with the Cornation and the person who we got the eggs from didn't state that in his ad.

My hens are big and heavy with the white legs. Very sweet

So now how Sussex are they? How do I advertise the chicks we hope to sell or can we?

My husband has decided that they are junkers.. No they are not they are Sussex's but what kind?????????

I managed to get a rooster for them as they are now just starting to lay.

He is a silver sussex cross. He is coming from Hondo Texas without a name So his name will be Hondo. Its SOooooooooooooooooo hard to find this breed here in Texas where I live.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by