LTB - AK - India Blue Peafowl eggs/chicks

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Mrs MIA, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    I have a customer that is looking for India Blue Peafowl, so I wanted to put it out there in case anyone has eggs available in the next month or so. If so, could you post or PM me with costs?
    Thank you so much!
    [​IMG]

2. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    Anyone?

3. BigByrd24

BigByrd24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2008
    S.E. Kansas
    Hi,
    I would like to help you out, But I still building my flocks up in numbers.I am thinking about hatching all of my eggs again this year but who knows thing might change from now to then. LOL. I have Pure IB, BS, and whites that are breeding age. I should have some available for next year. Sorry [​IMG] Tim

Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
  4. GardienneWings

GardienneWings Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi. I will have blues and blackshoulders available. HOWEVER... shipped peafowl eggs do NOT hatch well! If you get 1/3 to hatch you did excellent, and it isn't at all unusual to get nothing. So, it is really more cost effective to buy already hatched chicks or even yearlings. I know the postage gets high but after wasting lots of money on shipped eggs you eventually decide birds are the way to go!
    Val

5. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    Thanks Val! I wondered about that, as my hatch rates are very hit-or-miss as it is. I might have a lead on someone at least in the same state, so [​IMG]!
    Thanks for the help.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by