Lucile

ArkSouthernChic

In the Brooder
Feb 25, 2015
For a little over 2 weeks Lucile has been acting sickly, she's had a droopy tail, doesn't keep up with the other girls, and most of the time you would find her siting down somewhere, so for three days we have had her inside in a tote in the AC, she's been eating and
drinking well and all around acts fine, I thought there might be an egg bound issue so I soaked her butt in some warm epsom salt water while i was doing this I felt her upper thigh/joint where her leg goes in, and it feels like her bones popping, she doesn't limp, but she gets off balanced easily, walks around pretty good, she's also lost some weight.

She is beautiful . Her symptoms are vague and don't seem to point to any particular problem. Has she been wormed & checked/treated for mites/lice.

Is she still laying? You could post on "emergencies, diseases, injuries, cures," thread but, I don't think they would find enough to go on. Maybe someone posting later will have suggestions for you.

No she hasn't been laying, and I have given her wormer pellets, do you know how well chickens come back from broken bones?

Hi and welcome to BYC. I agree that the ER forum is the best place for advice. I do hope that experts there can help you out.

Best wishes
Ct

She is beautiful . Her symptoms are vague and don't seem to point to any particular problem. Has she been wormed & checked/treated for mites/lice.

Is she still laying? You could post on "emergencies, diseases, injuries, cures," thread but, I don't think they would find enough to go on. Maybe someone posting later will have suggestions for you.
I agree.

Back
Top Bottom