Lucille

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by EmtheFishLady, Oct 22, 2011.

1. EmtheFishLady

EmtheFishLady We're all mad here

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    So I finally gave the puppy a name. This is Lucille. She was a gift from my loving friends...[​IMG] LOVE you guys. [​IMG] She has been exactly the type of puppy I wanted, she lays around on my feet and snuggles, and follows me around the house. Cricket is my running partner, but he generally doesn't wanna just lay around and cuddle, so Lucy doesn't mind filling that position. She's a chocolate and tan dapple dachshund.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And of course, she reminds me A LOT of Slink. Slink was my baby, my buddy. Everyone has that one dog they never forget, the dog they know was MEANT to be their dog, Slink was mine. I lost him on my birthday two years ago and swore I'd never have another dachshund. Didn't ever want another DOG...but time makes every pain hurt a little less. I miss my little Slinky Dog.
    [​IMG]

2. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
    My entire family just gathered around and went... AWWWWWWWW!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] we'd get dachshunds, but they would be coyote food in a few days [​IMG]

3. EmtheFishLady

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    Quote:I absolutely love the breed. Every once in awhile the need comes up for me to rescue one, and I've had quite a few go through here since Slink passed, but I never keep them BECAUSE of Slink. I just couldn't get attached to them. I have them vetted and find them homes. I think enough time has passed though, or Lucille is just so much like Slink was, that I've found myself becoming incredibly attached to her. I'm currently trying to train her to chase the ducks off the porch....that's not going so well...might be because the ducks are three times her size. [​IMG]

4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    She's a beauty, Em. [​IMG]

5. EmtheFishLady

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    She really is, I'll have to get better pictures eventually, but she wouldn't stay still. [​IMG]

6. EmtheFishLady

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    I completely neglected to add this in my original post....but Hey Red! Neener Neener Neener! [​IMG]

7. KristyHall

KristyHall Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    aaaaawwwwww

8. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    [​IMG]

9. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....... [​IMG] Now I'm definitely getting a Dachshund when I get my own place. She is adorable!! And I love the name!

10. ladyride

ladyride Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    East Tn
    A real cutie [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by