Lucky chick!

hEEather

Songster
6 Years
Feb 19, 2016
Hey everyone. I'm wondering if it's an EE.. I picked EE chicks from 2 different sellers (some mailed and some in store). The first ones came in from hoovers and out of 10, 4 died during shipping 5 more shortly after arrival and only 1 made it. Lucky chick! When I got them in I noticed none of them had those greenish legs and they were the most yellow "EE" chicks I've ever seen. I know they don't follow standards and all that but I wanted to show you all his pictures and see what you thought. I can't compare him to the other chicks because they come from a completely different place in town. Not seeing any tuff or beard. Again I'm just curious of what you all think. I think it's a cockerel by the way he stands on those already thick legs, his personality and his comb is coming threw already as well.
20210320_075336.jpg
20210320_075542.jpg
20210320_075631.jpg

I think of Easter Egger as a broad term for any mixed breed that produces colored blue/green eggs. So there is no standard as far as I know.
True, but most have beards and/or a muff and/or greenish legs (because of the ameraucana usually used in the mix to create the blue or green eggs). So a chick that has none of those is suspicious to me.

Hey everyone. I'm wondering if it's an EE.. I picked EE chicks from 2 different sellers (some mailed and some in store). The first ones came in from hoovers and out of 10, 4 died during shipping 5 more shortly after arrival and only 1 made it. Lucky chick! When I got them in I noticed none of them had those greenish legs and they were the most yellow "EE" chicks I've ever seen. I know they don't follow standards and all that but I wanted to show you all his pictures and see what you thought. I can't compare him to the other chicks because they come from a completely different place in town. Not seeing any tuff or beard. Again I'm just curious of what you all think. I think it's a cockerel by the way he stands on those already thick legs, his personality and his comb is coming threw already as well.View attachment 2577271View attachment 2577272View attachment 2577273
Ill be interested to see how yours turn out because my 3 week old EE are the same!!

Hey everyone. I'm wondering if it's an EE.. I picked EE chicks from 2 different sellers (some mailed and some in store). The first ones came in from hoovers and out of 10, 4 died during shipping 5 more shortly after arrival and only 1 made it. Lucky chick! When I got them in I noticed none of them had those greenish legs and they were the most yellow "EE" chicks I've ever seen. I know they don't follow standards and all that but I wanted to show you all his pictures and see what you thought. I can't compare him to the other chicks because they come from a completely different place in town. Not seeing any tuff or beard. Again I'm just curious of what you all think. I think it's a cockerel by the way he stands on those already thick legs, his personality and his comb is coming threw already as well.View attachment 2577271View attachment 2577272View attachment 2577273
How’s your chick look now?

Back
Top Bottom