1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Lucky CHickie needs a home! TN

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Moonwalker, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Moonwalker

Moonwalker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2008
    Washburn, MO
    Most of you have heard the story of Lucky Chickie, the dog massacre survivor who was in a coma for 3 days and although recovered now, does a great imitaion of the town drunk when she walks and I am pretty sure she has double vision!
    I am moving sometime before the end of this month to a place within city limits and can't take her with me. She has been living in the pen with my goats until King'sCalls adopted them a few days ago. (Thank you!) but he couldn't take her, so if someone can give her a good home, let me know.
    She's a Buff Orpington pullet about 5 months old now. (hatched March 03, 2008) SHe eats drinks, scratches etc just fine, no special feeding or care, I just don't know if others would pick on her and she does lose her balance if you scare her. She should lay just fine when she's older, the damage was to her head, not body.
    She would make a nice pet for a kid with a little patience cuz she takes a little while to get used to new people, then she warms up. She also gets agitated when a new dog comes near the pen (gee, wonder why!) but once she sees it can't get in, she's fine, back to pecking at the edge.
    So let me know if anyone out there can take her!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. CatCobb1983

CatCobb1983 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    Gates,TN
    Quote:

3. Moonwalker

Moonwalker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2008
    Washburn, MO
    Thanks but you are about 5 hours away. I am in Sevierville, near Knoxville, unless you are planning a trip up this way some day soon......

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by