1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

lucky gosling

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by ivan3, May 10, 2007.

1. ivan3

ivan3 spurredon Premium Member

Jan 27, 2007
    BOCOMO
    So, early one morning, about two weeks ago, I walk down to the road to bag up the trash from the ditches. As I go gleaning along up the hill towards the graveyard and church I spy a little yellow ball motating over the blacktop, coming in my direction. This was very unusual (only dogs/foxes/other bad things in that direction). The heavy bottomed little tumbleweed took about five minutes to reach my mud boots. Well, I couldn't leave it there in the road to be run over or scarfed up and it seemed perfectly at ease between my boots.

Took it home, boxed it up and called our neighbors (have ducks) and transported it to them. It is now living with one of our neighbor's co-workers and is apparently following him everywhere as well.

Sometimes ya just gotta be lucky:
    [​IMG]

2. Critter Crazy

Critter Crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    awwww....what a cutie!! Is that a canda gosling?? Sure is a cutie!

3. mudhen

mudhen confidently clueless

Jan 15, 2007
    Shepherdstown, WV
    What an adorable little fluffball! Wonder what Lucky's story is?
    Glad you took him/her somewhere safe!

4. ivan3

ivan3 spurredon Premium Member

Jan 27, 2007
    BOCOMO
    Yes, it's a Canadian. But all I know is what I posted. I didn't make a move, it came right to me. No sign of any other geese (no safe area/large ponds in that direction). Lucky, lucky, lucky...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by