Lucky Me, I Have 8+ Lavender Sebastopol Hatching Eggs!

Discussion in 'Geese' started by Enchanted Sunrise Farms, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    The very nice woman i bought three Sebastopol goslings from last year is getting out of the goose business. Her last pair of Lavender Sebastopols, purchased from Holderreads, are going to a new home soon. But the goose has started laying and she isn't wanting to deal with incubating and hatching. So i was so very lucky to purchase initially 4, which are in the incubator now. Then tonight i bought 4 more, and she just emailed to say she has one more for me.

Wow! i feel like i hit the lottery. The one lavender i bought from her last year is so beautiful, very curly chest and just a sweetheart of a guy. The initial four are on Day 12 and all are developing nicely, weight loss is right on track. i also have 6 Sebastopol eggs i bought on ebay from a woman who has different colors that are three days to lock down. So in a short amount of time i am going from a little Sebastopol flock to *hopefully* a herd. [​IMG]

The eggs i bought on ebay have the potential to be white, buff, blue, splash, or saddleback. i don't have any great hopes to show or have the best flock. i just love these geese and will be happy seeing these lovely birds roaming around my yard.

Anyhow, so happy i just had to share. [​IMG]

2. oddbirdranch

oddbirdranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2012
    Southern CA
    Whhaattt??!! Lavender??[​IMG] I want!! I didn't know there were lavender sebastapols... Thanks alot for making me want to add more birds!! [​IMG] lol

3. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    The lavenders are so pretty, like a soft grey. But i really want some blues one day. Here is a picture of my current three gooses. My Lavender, Lee, is in the middle.

[​IMG]

4. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    Sebbies can be found in Buff, Lilac, Lavender, Blue, Grey, White, Splash, Saddleback :D. sunrise congrats on the eggs in the bator.

5. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    Lilac? There's lilac? i've never seen those. Will have to do a search!

6. whats saddle back?

LUCKY!!!

7. kimberly35042

kimberly35042 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2009
    Central Alabama
    OH YOU LUCKY GOOSE!!! Lavenders are BEAUTIFUL. I have an American Lavender Gander "Violet". He's the sweetest thing (well a little hissy, but I love him and his color!)
    Here he is with my grey saddleback goose, "Henri" Could you imagine him with CURLS!!! OH MY!!

[​IMG]

8. kimberly35042

kimberly35042 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2009
    Central Alabama
    Celtic has a lilac!!!! PEACHES!

9. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    Yep, Peaches is our Lilac and is in my avatar currently. She is paired with McGraw (also in the avatar photo) who is a grey gander who carries the buff gene. He is from Holderreads via CottageRose, she is from CottageRose (breeder was Zanter/Banter)

They have settled in here this year very well and she is a delight to look at.

10. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    Pretty! A little hard to see, as your picture is small. i clicked on your link for pictures. Is that a Spoonbill you have there?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by