Lucky Me!

hooligan

Songster
12 Years
Aug 20, 2007
Arkansas
Yesterday one of the elderly men that drives the courtesy carts here where I work brought me about 25 lbs of apples and 25lbs of cucumbers for my house rabbits to eat. The cukes were yellowing so he thought they might be bitter and was going to throw them away but after I told him I had rabbits he said he'd bring them to me....when he showed he had picked a bushel of apples too.

Iam planning on dehydrating some of the apples for suet blocks and bunny treats for winter but they cukes will go in no time between the bunnies and chickies.

That man is so sweet! I had a photo card made at WM as a thank you from the bunnies with their pictures on it. I was going to bring him some eggs but he said they only ate eggs once a week. Then I was going to make him some sweets but he said his wife is diabetic...anyone know of anything REALLY tasty to bake for a diabetic?

He said they only eat eggs once a week, so he didn't need any but I want to do something for him.

Since baked goods always seem to involve flour and sugar, they are tough for a diabetic...

Maybe a vegetable casserole, like a summer squash/zuchini casserole. I'm sure you could find a recipe for it on www.allrecipes.com.
Or send him a sweet thank-you card with a pretty photo of one of the bunnies on it.

PS: Hooligan, maybe he was pleased to be able to do something for you and the bunnies, maybe it provided his smile for the week. That, in itself, could be reward enough for him.

Last edited:
what about cooking a dish with eggs in it? a quiche would be great, especially minus the crust. you could put good veggies in that don't alter the glycemic levels (i am hypoglycemic myself, and even veggies can pack a whollup to your sugar). broccoli is a great one that is works.

how super nice when you are just blessed for no good reason! i agree with Buff...i get a kick outta doing fun things for people like this too, and i get as much joy as the receiver! what a double joy for him if you go the extra. a super great thank you gift is a hug.

One of my favorite things to do, is to buy the people behind me ice cream at the ice cream shop! They're always surprised when they don't have to pay! I always try to get away before they figure it out!

If you want blessings in your life, you have to be a blessing to others.

He will probably just appreciate your continued friendship more than anything Hooligan. You could invite him and his wife out to supper someplace reasonable, like a K&W and they could eat what they are allowed and you could become better acquainted and maybe keep up with them periodically after that. Congrats on the fruit and veggies for your critters.
wink.png

If you want blessings in your life, you have to be a blessing to others.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Love those random acts of kindness!! Good karma!​

Back
Top Bottom